I had a few of PCBs left over from the V3 MetaClockClock, and originally I planned to finish a build with them by the end of 2020. But as always: things took a bit longer than expected, so I finally finished it today on the first day of the year 2021.
The build uses the same hardware as in the previous V3, but instead of an ‘artistic’ canvas background I decided for a more natural and wood design:
I’m mostly using my 50W laser cutter machine with plywood, simply because that material is available and very inexpensive. I have used it cutting or engraving PMMA (Polymethyl methacrylate or ‘Plexiglas’), simply because that material is more expensive.
From a reader of this blog I received something to experiment with: Cellulose Acetate sheets. Time to experiment with something new 🙂