It’s April Fool’s Day, but be assured this is not a joke ;-): I’m pleased to announce that a new release of the McuOnEclipse components is available in SourceForge. This release includes several smaller bug fixes and components have been upgraded for FreeRTOS V10.0.1.
I’m dealing a lot with bootloaders recently (see “Flash-Resident USB-HID Bootloader with the NXP Kinetis K22 Microcontroller“), and bootloaders are sometimes very picky about what file format they are able to consume. So what if I have a binary (see “S-Record, Intel Hex and Binary Files“) file and I need to convert it into the Intel Hex format?
Good news! There is an updated version of the EmbSysRegView v0.2.6 available which works now for Eclipse Neon and Oxygen :-).
A new release is available on SourceForge, with the following main changes:
- Support for FreeRTOS and Cortex-M7
- Segger SystemView updated to V2.38
- Components for NXP Kinetis SDK V1.3
- Fixed bug in Wait component (register handling for GCC and ARM)
- FatFS supports FreeRTOS V9.0.0 with static memory allocation
- FreeRTOS shell and task list with static memory allocation
- Floating point conversion routines in Utility
- FreeRTOS component shows NVIC mask bits
New in this release:
- Segger SystemViewer: Upgraded to V2.30, added stack high-water mark
- Segger RTT: fixed BASEPRI issue on Cortex M4 for critical sections
- Utility: Fixed issue with Utility module and Kinetis SDK (usage of ‘byte’)
- USB CDC: property to specify USB device current usage, new status getter functions.
A lot of good things happened in the last three weeks, so here is a new updated McuOnEclipse component release, with the following main improvements:
- Updated Segger RTT component
- New Segger SystemView component
- FreeRTOS ‘tasklist’ shell command
- FreeRTOS with support for Segger SystemView
I know: A new McuOnEclipse Processor Expert components release was long overdue. But I have been extremely busy in the last months, but now the university semester is over, and I have finally some spare time to catch up on a lot of things. So here we go: there is a new component release available on SourceForge (https://sourceforge.net/projects/mcuoneclipse/files/PEx%20Components/): Components 2015-07-05.zip
Over the last weeks, several contributions, extensions and fixes have been added to the McuOnEclipse components, so a new release is available on SourceForge.
- Bug fix for RingBuffer.
- Better FreeRTOS task debugging with gdb.
- Better watchdog support with Shell component.
- Additional properties for PercepipTrace.
- New Utility function ScanDoubleQuotedString() to scan a double quoted string.
- LCDHTA with additional cursor functions.
- New devices supported in FSL_USB_Stack: K22FN1M (FRDM-K22F), KL24Z48M, USB host support for K22F120/K22FX512).
- RNet with nRF24L01+ to deal better with overflow situations.
- A new component FreeRTOS_Tasks to create FreeRTOS tasks.
From time to time it is good to do some cleanup work: what has grown organically sometimes needs some cuts and moves. The same applies to the McuOnEclipse GitHub repository (https://github.com/ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse) which has grown to 522 MByte, 8364 files and 1444 folders. I already moved out the Processor Expert component releases (see “McuOnEclipse Releases on SourceForge“). Time to cleanup and move something else: the Processor Expert component sources.