It’s April Fool’s Day, but be assured this is not a joke ;-): I’m pleased to announce that a new release of the McuOnEclipse components is available in SourceForge. This release includes several smaller bug fixes and components have been upgraded for FreeRTOS V10.0.1.
Tag Archives: SourceForge
Converting Binary Files to Intel Hex Format with the SRecord Tool
I’m dealing a lot with bootloaders recently (see “Flash-Resident USB-HID Bootloader with the NXP Kinetis K22 Microcontroller“), and bootloaders are sometimes very picky about what file format they are able to consume. So what if I have a binary (see “S-Record, Intel Hex and Binary Files“) file and I need to convert it into the Intel Hex format?
EmbSysRegView 0.2.6 for NXP Kinetis Design Studio V3.2.0
Kinetis Design Studio by default uses an older version of EmbSysRegView. This article explains how to upgrade to the latest and greatest version 0.2.6. And how it is possible to use the latest NXP update for the 0.2.4 version:
EmbSysRegView 0.2.6 for Eclipse Neon and Oxygen
Good news! There is an updated version of the EmbSysRegView v0.2.6 available which works now for Eclipse Neon and Oxygen :-).
McuOnEclipse Components: 25-June-2016 Release
A new release is available on SourceForge, with the following main changes:
- Support for FreeRTOS and Cortex-M7
- Segger SystemView updated to V2.38
- Components for NXP Kinetis SDK V1.3
- Fixed bug in Wait component (register handling for GCC and ARM)
- FatFS supports FreeRTOS V9.0.0 with static memory allocation
- FreeRTOS shell and task list with static memory allocation
- Floating point conversion routines in Utility
- FreeRTOS component shows NVIC mask bits
McuOnEclipse Components: 7-Feb-2016 Release
New in this release:
- Segger SystemViewer: Upgraded to V2.30, added stack high-water mark
- Segger RTT: fixed BASEPRI issue on Cortex M4 for critical sections
- Utility: Fixed issue with Utility module and Kinetis SDK (usage of ‘byte’)
- USB CDC: property to specify USB device current usage, new status getter functions.
McuOnEclipse Components: 22-Nov-2015 Release
A lot of good things happened in the last three weeks, so here is a new updated McuOnEclipse component release, with the following main improvements:
- Updated Segger RTT component
- New Segger SystemView component
- FreeRTOS ‘tasklist’ shell command
- FreeRTOS with support for Segger SystemView
McuOnEclipse Components: 05-July-2015 Release
I know: A new McuOnEclipse Processor Expert components release was long overdue. But I have been extremely busy in the last months, but now the university semester is over, and I have finally some spare time to catch up on a lot of things. So here we go: there is a new component release available on SourceForge (https://sourceforge.net/projects/mcuoneclipse/files/PEx%20Components/): Components 2015-07-05.zip
McuOnEclipse Components: 07-Dec-2014 Release
Over the last weeks, several contributions, extensions and fixes have been added to the McuOnEclipse components, so a new release is available on SourceForge.
- Bug fix for RingBuffer.
- Better FreeRTOS task debugging with gdb.
- Better watchdog support with Shell component.
- Additional properties for PercepipTrace.
- New Utility function ScanDoubleQuotedString() to scan a double quoted string.
- LCDHTA with additional cursor functions.
- New devices supported in FSL_USB_Stack: K22FN1M (FRDM-K22F), KL24Z48M, USB host support for K22F120/K22FX512).
- RNet with nRF24L01+ to deal better with overflow situations.
- A new component FreeRTOS_Tasks to create FreeRTOS tasks.
McuOnEclipse Component Sources in Dedicated GitHub Repository
From time to time it is good to do some cleanup work: what has grown organically sometimes needs some cuts and moves. The same applies to the McuOnEclipse GitHub repository (https://github.com/ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse) which has grown to 522 MByte, 8364 files and 1444 folders. I already moved out the Processor Expert component releases (see “McuOnEclipse Releases on SourceForge“). Time to cleanup and move something else: the Processor Expert component sources.