’m pleased to announce that a new release of the McuOnEclipse components is available in SourceForge. This release includes several smaller bug fixes and initial component support for the NXP S32 Design Studio and SDK.
What if you are not using Processor Expert? No worries, I have you covered. The source code of many components are hosted on GitHub:
That way you can use the sources with any project or microcontroller :-).
The following major changes have been applied since the last release:
- Support for S32 Design Studio: McuLibConfig, SeggerRTT, Segger SystemView, Utility, RingBuffer, CriticalSection, XFormat, Shell, Wait
- FreeRTOS: included fixes for using MPU port
- Segger RTT: Updated to V6.32b
- GenericI2C: fixed issue with NO_START, added property for timeout value
- FreeRTOS: shell command shows status for deleted and invalid task states
- Percepio Trace: ability to switch off events for queues
- Various smaller bug fixes and improvements
S32 Design Studio
The release includes a first set of components which have been updated to work with Processor Expert in the NXP S32 Design Studio IDE:
More components will be added in the next release. The McuLibConfig component has a setting added for the S32K SDK:
💡 Because the S32 Design Studio Processor Expert does not include all the needed core Processor Expert files, the release package on SourceForge has a folder with extra include files which need to be added to the component repository files.
Example projects are available on https://github.com/ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse/tree/master/Examples/S32DS
If the FreeRTOS application is using lots of queues, the number of queue events created might impact the application too much. There is now a setting in the trace component to disable the queue messages:
I hope you find this new release useful.
Happy Updating 🙂
- Release on Sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mcuoneclipse/files/PEx%20Components/
- Component installation instructions: McuOnEclipse Releases on SourceForge
- McuOnEclipse Library on GitHub: https://github.com/ErichStyger/McuOnEclipseLibrary