The ‘Göscheneralp’ is a beautiful valley in the central part of Switzerland with an embankment dam building an artificial lake. The valley hosts several beautiful hikes and climbing routes. The area is the home of several SAC (Swiss Alpine Club) huts, including the Bergseehütte which is the topic of this hike.
The hike starts at the parking lot/bus stop at the dam (1782 m). The hike goes up to the Bergseehütte SAC which is located above the Bergsee (2339 m). Time to hike up around 2h, plus around 1.5h the same trail back.
View back to the dam:
A beautiful small lake, in the background the Gammastock
Arriving at the Bergseehütte:
Bergseehütte means ‘mountain lake hut’. So don’t miss to visit the lake nearby:
The water was ice cold, so no swimming this time :-).
Then back on the same trail again:
And not to forget all the beautiful flowers:
Happy Hiking 🙂
- Bergseehütte: https://www.sac-angenstein.ch/huetten/bergseehuette/
- Wikipedia: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göscheneralp
- Hiking ideas: https://www.goeschenen.ch/tourismus/sommer/wandern/wanderungen.html
- Swiss Alpine Club: https://www.sac-cas.ch/
- Swisstopo map: https://map.geo.admin.ch/?topic=swisstopo&lang=en&bgLayer=ch.swisstopo.pixelkarte-farbe&E=2679832.38&N=1167210.75&zoom=8