Seefeld in Tirol/Austria is a beautiful hiking region, northwest of Innsbruck. Nearby there is a beautiful hike around the Brunschkopf (1510m) with views to three lakes. But most of them may appear only now and then.
The round tour starts in Seefeld going south-west around the Brunschkopf and takes about 4 hours. For a detailed description see https://www.seefeld.com/wandern/wanderwege/a-3-seen-rundwanderung-am-seefelder-plateau
The first lake is the Möserersee. The hike around the lake provides stunning views.
The other lakes on the tour are a-periodic (only may appear now and then), because the underground is a Karst formed by the dissolution of limestone: depending on the ground-water level they might appear, usually during the snow melting months and stay until September/October. After that, they turn back into a fertile swampland again. In some years they are only small or don’t appear at all. The first of these lakes is the Lottensee near the Lottenseehütte:
We passed the Wildmoossee which was barely visible through the trees. The lake at the Wildmoosalm is small but beautiful:
Happy Seefelding 🙂
- Seefeld: https://www.seefeld.com/en/
- 3 lake hike on the Seefelder Plateau: https://www.seefeld.com/wandern/wanderwege/a-3-seen-rundwanderung-am-seefelder-plateau
- Möserer-See: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%B6serer_See
- Lottensee: https://www.seefeld.com/a-lottensee-ein-naturphaenomen
- Lottenseehütte: https://www.lottensee.at
- Wildmosssee: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildmoossee
- Wildmossalm: https://www.wildmoosalm.com