There are so many things I have in my mind to explore in this tech blog. Here is my bucket list, not in priority order:
Tutorial for FreeRTOS on Kinetis: I have a tutorial for JM60, getting a lot of requests to do the same for Kinetis.==> Tutorial: Freedom with FreeRTOS and Kinetis-L Debugging with Attach and Connect: How to debug an existing binary on the target.==> Hot-Sync: Attach, Connect & Download
- Software Analysis:
How to use Trace( ==> Debugging ARM Cortex-M0+ Hard Fault with MTB Trace) in Eclipse. How to use the visualization graph, and how to use trace triggers? How to use Data Visualization? Live View: how to use the ability to read/write target memory while the target is running?==> Live View for Variables and Memory
- Stack Size Calculation: how to do it in the linker, how at run-time, preferably without an RTOS, just bare board?
- S12 in Eclipse: The S12 tool chain is available only in classic CodeWarrior. How to use S12 in Eclipse?
Symbolics: how to add dynamically symbols while debugging?==> Adding Symbols to the CodeWarrior Debugger
- Shell the Eclipse IDE: How create projects from the (DOS) shell with Eclipse? How to build and debug for test automation?
- Make Files: how to write make files with automatic dependency calculation? How to automatically add files in a folder?
- Processor Expert: How to use templates and interfaces in component development? What is the meaning of grayed out methods?
Changes in Preferences: what are the most useful changes in my workspace preferences?==> Top 10 Customization of Eclipse Settings KL25Z Freedom Board: how to use existing shields? I have an SD card adapter I would like to use. How to support all parts on the board with Processor Expert?==> Processor Expert Maxim I2C RTC for the Arduino Data Logger Shield and Arduino Data-Logger Shield with the FRDM-KL25Z Board
- SVN: How to use SubVersion in Eclipse? How to install the Subclipse plugin, first steps to use it with a version control system, pros and cons using a SVN plugin vs. standalone tools.
ColdFire Plus with Processor Expert: these devices use LDD (like Kinetis). Need to explore this more and adopt my Processor Expert components for it.==> There is a Time and Date for both Worlds
- Software Analysis and Trace on Kinetis: How to show messages via ITM Stimulus port by using ETM in ARM Cortex MCU (see http://www.segger2.com/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=1010).
- Static and dynamic analysis with gcc: with the move to gcc for Kinetis, a broad area of tools are available. Need to explore this.
MCU10.3 and Code Analysis: that looks like an interesting thing.==> Free Static Code Analysis with Eclipse ADC with Kinetis==> Tutorial: ADC with the Freedom Board DAC with Kinetis==> DAC Example with the Freedom Board
- USB Host mode with the Freedom Board(
MSD==> USB MSD Host for the Freedom Board, USB MSD Host for the FRDM-K20D50M Board keyboard HID==> USB HID Keyboard for FRDM-KL25Z and mouse HID==> Using the FRDM-KL25Z as a USB Mouse Device). Input Capture with Freedom board: trigger to read from a capture register/free running counter, reading ticks from the capture register.==> Tutorial: Ultrasonic Ranging with the Freedom Board
- How to use conditional breakpoints
FreeMaster: there is a FreeMaster Processor Expert component, how to use/connect to FreeMaster?==> Tutorial: FreeMASTER Visualization and Run-Time Debugging
- OneWire Bus: adding/using a one-wire device as DS18B20 (http://datasheets.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/DS18B20.pdf)
- Using the 32 kHz Crystal on the FRDM-KL05Z for the RTC.
- Creating and using a CRC at runtime to verify the application image is ok.